The Contract Operations Committee is a forum for members engaged in the provision of water services via operating agreements, public-private partnerships and related arrangements with municipalities and other entities.
The mission of the Committee is to (1) provide a means of sharing best practices and other information, and (2) identify advocacy opportunities and other priorities impacting sector-wide growth. The Committee also identifies opportunities for the Association to grow its overall membership and engage in intra-sector initiatives to address issues of universal importance (e.g., workforce development).
To accomplish these goals, the Committee:
- Facilitates information sharing to develop best practices that can be used to advance the narrative regarding the successful track record of partnering with NAWC member companies. Works to harness data from members to improve overall messaging regarding the successful track record of member companies in helping communities meet their water and wastewater needs.
- Identifies opportunities to advance policies and engage in advocacy on issues, like prevailing wage and state operator licensing, in key states and at the federal level.
- Offers feedback regarding the Association’s communications and advocacy strategies to ensure that they adequately reflect members’ priorities.
- Develops best practice approaches to DBO and other alternative delivery models
- Spearheads programs and related efforts focused on addressing workforce development and other issues impacting the entire sector
- Organizes events at the national or regional level to support the Con Ops value proposition
Chair: Stephane Bouvier, Chief Executive Officer, INFRAMARK
Vice Chair: Steve Meininger, SVP, Operations Management & Facilities Services, Jacobs
Keith Oldewurtel, Senior Vice President, Municipal & Commercial Business, VEOLIA NORTH AMERICA
Robert Sprowls, President and CEO, American States Water Company
David Stanton, President, Utility Operations, SUEZ North America
Ned Bartlett, Vice President, Market Development & Government Markets, VEOLIA NORTH AMERICA
Steve Curtis, VP, Operations, Military Services Group, American Water
Mark Halleman, Senior Vice President, INFRAMARK
Christopher Riat, General Manager – Environmental Services, SUEZ NA
Elliott Wheeler, P.E., Vice President Operations and Maintenance | Buildings & Infrastructure, Americas, Jacobs
Troy Day, VP of Engineering & Commercial Services, EPCOR