The Contract Operations Committee is a forum for members engaged in the provision of water services via operating agreements, public-private partnerships and related arrangements with municipalities and other entities.
The mission of the Committee is to (1) provide a means of sharing best practices and other information, and (2) identify advocacy opportunities and other priorities impacting sector-wide growth. The Committee also identifies opportunities for the Association to grow its overall membership and engage in intra-sector initiatives to address issues of universal importance (e.g., workforce development).
To accomplish these goals, the Committee:
- Facilitates information sharing to develop best practices that can be used to advance the narrative regarding the successful track record of partnering with NAWC member companies. Works to harness data from members to improve overall messaging regarding the successful track record of member companies in helping communities meet their water and wastewater needs.
- Identifies opportunities to advance policies and engage in advocacy on issues, like prevailing wage and state operator licensing, in key states and at the federal level.
- Offers feedback regarding the Association’s communications and advocacy strategies to ensure that they adequately reflect members’ priorities.
- Develops best practice approaches to DBO and other alternative delivery models
- Spearheads programs and related efforts focused on addressing workforce development and other issues impacting the entire sector
- Organizes events at the national or regional level to support the Con Ops value proposition
Chair: Steve Meininger, SVP, Operations Management & Facilities Services, Jacobs
Vice Chair: Keith Oldewurtel, SVP, Municipal & Commercial Business, VEOLIA NORTH AMERICA
Robert Sprowls, President and CEO, American States Water Company
David Stanton, President, Utility Operations, SUEZ North America
Ned Bartlett, Vice President, Market Development & Government Markets, VEOLIA NORTH AMERICA
Steve Curtis, VP, Operations, Military Services Group, American Water
Mark Halleman, Senior Vice President, INFRAMARK
Christopher Riat, General Manager – Environmental Services, SUEZ NA
Elliott Wheeler, P.E., Vice President Operations and Maintenance | Buildings & Infrastructure, Americas, Jacobs
Troy Day, VP of Engineering & Commercial Services, EPCOR
2018 U.S. Water and Wastewater Contract Operations Market Report
Data around contract operations has not been consistently collected or analyzed in the past. NAWC, through its Contract Operations Committee, is filling that gap by hiring Mazars USA to assist with the administration of the survey and the presentation of its results. This report compiles survey data on the contract operations of water and wastewater utilities during the 2018 calendar year, with the goal of looking at current trends in the marketplace, measuring growth, and the performance of the private sector involved in these operations.
The Market Report provides a powerful new tool for understanding the state of this subsector, supporting its development and showing the value provided by current market participants. It is not meant to be a scorecard or provide an industry ranking. The numbers reported are completely confidential, with all respondents providing 17 data points that were checked for consistency and aggregated by Mazars to paint a market overview.
There is a lot new this year. The most important development is our ability to compare the latest data to our 2017 findings, better demonstrating trends and sector performance.
Click here to view the 2018 Contract Operations Market Report