PHILADELPHIA (June 30, 2021)—The National Association of Water Companies (NAWC) has released the 2020 edition of the Contract Operations Report, a report intended to raise awareness of the water service solutions available to municipal, regional, and federal utility owners.
“Our members are first-in-class in many areas, including sound asset management, stellar compliance with federal health and environmental regulations, and water system technical expertise,” said NAWC President and CEO Robert F. Powelson. “NAWC’s contract operations members support municipal, regional, and federal partners to ensure communities across the nation have safe and reliable drinking water and wastewater service.”
The report, produced in partnership with Mazars USA, compiles survey data on the contract operations of water and wastewater utilities, with the goal of measuring industry growth and the performance of the private sector involved in these operations. This year’s report compares the latest data to the 2019 findings, better illustrating trends and sector performance.
Key 2020 findings include:
- Demand for contract operations services continues to grow.
- The companies surveyed manage nearly 7.4 billion gallons per day and serve 40.8 million people (compared to 38.8 million in 2019).
- The Contract Operations segment of public private partnerships in the water industry grew from servicing 1,903 contracted clients in 2019 to 1,937 in 2020.
- Over the past three years, revenues reflect industry wide annualized growth of 6.4% on average.
- High overall customer retention rate (99.7%) indicates excellent customer satisfaction within the contract operations industry.
- A full contract operations and maintenance (O&M) model continues to be the prevailing form of public private partnership, rather than the more complex Design Build Operate (DBO) or concession models.
For more information and to download the full report, visit: https://blog.mazars.us/nawc-2020-contract-operations-market-report/
ABOUT MAZARS USA
Mazars USA LLP is an independent member firm of Mazars Group, an international audit, tax and advisory organization with operations in over 90 countries. With roots going back to 1921 in the US, the firm has significant national presence in strategic geographies, providing seamless access to 24,000 professionals around the world. Our industry specialists deliver tailored services to a wide range of clients across sectors, including individuals, high-growth emerging companies, privately-owned businesses and large enterprises. For more information, visit www.mazars.us.
For media inquiries: Beth More, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
NAWC Contact: Meredith Moore | email@example.com