PHILADELPHIA (December 14, 2021) – The National Association of Water Companies (NAWC) has elected Nicholle Taylor to serve as the Chair of the Board of Directors for 2022. An active and committed member of NAWC, Taylor most recently served as Vice Chair, in addition to being on NAWC’s Executive Committee and Customer Experience Committee.
“With the promise of another impactful, fast-moving year ahead for the water sector, it’s hard to think of anyone better positioned to help lead and represent our members’ interests than Nicki,” said NAWC President and CEO Robert F. Powelson. “In her over 30 years at Artesian in increasingly impactful leadership roles, Nicki has demonstrated her ability to lead an organization in an ever-evolving industry while consistently adapting and improving operations to better serve her community. Her extensive experience and commitment to this industry will serve NAWC members well in 2022.”
Taylor is the President of Artesian Water Company where she has worked for over 30 years. Prior to her appointment as President in August 2021, she had served as the Chief Operating Officer beginning in 2019 following decades of experience in various managerial positions at the company. Since 2007, Taylor has been on the Artesian Resources’ Board of Directors, where she serves on the Strategic Planning, Budget and Finance Committee.
“NAWC represents those on the front line of environmental stewardship of our precious water resources and I am honored to have the opportunity to serve as Chair of the Board in 2022,” said Taylor. “I look forward to working with the dedicated team of professionals at NAWC and its member companies who are equally passionate about our role in ensuring safe, reliable and high quality water and service to communities across this great nation.”
In addition to her extensive leadership and participation with NAWC, Taylor holds several leadership roles on boards and committees representing industry and environmental interests in the broader Delaware community, serving both on the Board of Directors of the Delaware Nature Society and on the Board of Directors of the Committee of 100, a business organization that promotes economic development in Delaware.
“NAWC members are relentless experts in their fields with a sincere commitment to improving the communities served by America’s water companies and the nation overall,” said Powelson. “No one embodies that level of compassionate and dedicated leadership better than Nicki and we are honored to have her at the helm with us as we head into what is shaping up to be another year of unprecedented opportunity for our industry.”
Taylor is assuming the role from outgoing Chair Rob MacLean, President & Chief Executive Officer of SouthWest Water Company.
“We would like to thank Rob for his backing and leadership during a challenging year,” Powelson said. “Under his guidance, NAWC and our member companies navigated the return from a global pandemic and are positioned for continued success.”
NAWC also welcomes one new member to its 2022 Board of Directors:
- Josiah Cox, President, Central States Water Resources, a St. Louis-based company that solves the financial and facility upgrade needs for water and wastewater treatment facilities in communities throughout the U.S.
NAWC 2022 Board of Directors:
- Nicholle Taylor, (Chair) President, Artesian Water Company
- Donald J Morrissey (Vice Chair), President, Aquarion Company
- Josiah Cox, President, Central States Water Resources
- Maureen Duffy, SVP, Communications & External Affairs, American Water
- Christopher Franklin, Chairman & CEO, Essential Utilities
- Andrew R Gere, President & COO, San Jose Water Company
- Joe Gysel, President, EPCOR USA
- JT Hand, President & CEO, The York Water Company
- Catherine Heigel, EVP & COO, Corix Regulated Utilities
- Patrick J Kerr, President & CEO, Baton Rouge Water Company
- Jay L Kooper, VP, General Counsel & Secretary, Middlesex Water Company
- Martin A Kropelnicki, President & CEO, California Water Service Group
- Nadine Leslie, Chief Executive Officer, SUEZ North America
- Walter Lynch, President & CEO, American Water
- Rob MacLean (Immediate Past Chair), President & CEO, SouthWest Water Company
- Steve Meininger, VP, Global Operations Mgmt & Facilities Svcs, Jacobs
- Robert Nicholson, President, San Gabriel Valley Water Company
- Keith Oldewurtel, EVP & COO, Municipal & Commercial, Veolia North America
- Robert J Sprowls, President & CEO, American States Water Company